Best DIN K valve to upgrade tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zimm

Registered
Reaction score
What's the best DIN K-valve for Catalina AL 80 tanks? I heard OMS aren't very good. The Genesis ones angle the regulator up, I don't really need that. The ones on Ebay have the handle angled away from the head which it makes it difficult to turn while wearing the tank (DIR spec to be able to operate valve while in water). Doesn't anyone make a standard, straight DIN valve with a nice rubbery knob?

Diver's Supply sells valves similar to what you describe. I don't know if they have purpose-made K-valves, but they have modular K-valves which can be used as part of a manifold system. Plugs are available so you can use them as standard K-valves.

If you ever decide to double your tanks, simply remove the plugs and install the isolator.

Only their DIN valves angle the regulator. I hate that (have one on a pony bottle - it was the only DIN valve the local shops had - sucks!)

The "K"s do NOT do this - they are very nice valves; I like them a lot.

Look at this one:

http://www.thermovalves.com/5650_pro.htm

If you buy a convertable Din/K valve, make sure that your yoke can fit over the valve :bonk: and that it's not just a 200 bar DIN valve. I have a 200 bar DIN valve that does not have the flat sides on the valve oriface required for the yoke to fit over it, and as such it's only good for DIN regulators.

Oms makes a very compact K/Din that I use on deco tanks. It works well with yokes and is smaller than most of the valves out there. Not exactly cheap, but none of the Din valves I have found are.

MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom