HP100s....What are they worth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warhammer

Reaction score
A friend of mine is selling his pair of Pressed Steel HP100s. They have 6 dives on them and are nitrox cleaned/labeled. He's asking $550. Think they're worth it? They retail for about $350 each locally.

I bought a PST HP 100 a couple of months ago from Leisurepro and it cost 260 plus shipping. They still show that price on their web page.

I love the tank.

ALoha,

JOnathan

Hammer,not a terrible way to save a C-note.I am buying 2 lp 120s for one of my air-hog buddies today.O2 cleaned etc..$225 each.I find cave divers to be the best source of big tanks.Pawn shops and garage sales for 80s.Also most shops will hold used tanks if you mention cash.

Yeah, I've saw them at Leisure Pro, but they want an amazing $75 to ship me a pair. Seems they only ship UPS 3 day or better, which is extremely expensive when you're dealing with a tank. Your in Maui, right Jonathon? How did they ship yours?

What I really want is 2 HP120s, but if I can get him down a tad more, i'll probably buy these instead. My wife could handle the 100s where she couldn't the 120s due to their length, so that's a plus for the 100s.

We live in Wailuku during the week, and at our ranch in remote Kaupo in Southeast Maui when I can get there on weekends.

They charged me about 45 to ship the tank and no one has HP's in stock here. I think I had it shipped priority mail. I'm waiting for B&B to bring in their annual load of tanks, at which time they'll bring me an HP 120. It will cost about the same as shipping from NY, plus some tax, but I'd rather give the local shop the business where possible, since they treat me well.

Now that my reg is set up for DIN, I definitely feel the need of a second HP (or at least DIN) tank.

Aloha,

Jonathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom