PST Tank from LeisurePro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brosenthal

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a PST from LeisurePro in New York over the Web. They say that the tanks will be shipped with valves removed, thus requiring a vis by a local shop on my end after arrival. Do you see any problems with this?? Thanks for the repy.

Not answering your question, but....
Have you priced the tanks at your LDS?

I was surprised to find that my LDS actually beat the price that Leisurepro had on tanks, and that was before figuring shipping into the equation.

brosenthal once bubbled...
I'm considering buying a PST from LeisurePro in New York over the Web. They say that the tanks will be shipped with valves removed, thus requiring a vis by a local shop on my end after arrival. Do you see any problems with this?? Thanks for the repy.
I bought a tank online about a year ago.
It came with the Valve removed, and the VIP sticker in an envelope, blank and ready to be stamped out.........

Most LDS have sales a couple times a year and one of the things they use to lure people in is there price on tanks, sometimes you can get prices that are at or below what you can get them fom off the internet...... most places online charge anywhere from $20.00 to $40.00 for shipping...... I would check with your LDS to see about any sales on tanks first otherwise I have never had a problem getting them on line.
Rob

Odd they ship with valve uninstalled. All the ones I've seen from PST come WITH the valve installed & closed & also the boot installed. They ae shipped in a cardboard box long enough to fit the cylinder with valve.

& YES, try your LDS before buying. Tanks are often a loss-leader.

Dan

diveman once bubbled...
Odd they ship with valve uninstalled. All the ones I've seen from PST come WITH the valve installed & closed & also the boot installed. They ae shipped in a cardboard box long enough to fit the cylinder with valve.

& YES, try your LDS before buying. Tanks are often a loss-leader.

Dan

Yes. PST ships tanks to us with the valves installed and a few psi of air in them. They come O2 clean and ready to go.

Have you gotten any of the new "E" series tanks yet Mike?

The new ones come with a funny little paper from PST on the tanks and valves in terms of O2 compatability - they state that the lubricants are O2 compatable, but then go on to say "up to 40% only", and that while the tank is O2 clean for higher FO2s, the valve is not claimed to be "ok".

Looks like a CYA thing to me. I got two of them and when delivered to me they were in the original PST packaging, with shrink-wrap intact and all paperwork.

The tanks I got were not shrink wrapped but Tom Ivey from PST told us that all the new tanks and valves will be Nitrox ready.

http://www.lloydbaileysscuba.com/pst.html

LeisurePro doesn't have PST tanks in stock. And their prices weren't that good anyway. Margins on tanks are razor thin. You probably can get it cheaper from a LDS.

To answer the original question... a tank can be ground shipped with the valve in place. For overseas and all air shipments, the vavle must be removed. Visuals should be done on new tanks as well as every year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom