appropriate size for a tank..?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theslyfox01

Contributor
Reaction score
Brisbane, Australia. Though I'd rather be home in
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking at picking up a steel 10 litre (82 cubic foot capacity if filled to its limit of 232BAR/3365psi) tank.

From doing basic calculations at http://radawana.cg.tuwien.ac.at/~martinpi/units.html
(extremly good website for working out how long a certain tanks air will last you at a given depth)

I've found a 10lt. tank in most circumstances lasts a fraction longer than NDL's, except when working with depths under 60 feet where obviously the NDL's are rather large.

From peoples experience when diving in cold water in depths of 90 feet + with a relaxed breathing rate is a 82 cubic foot tank large enough for general recreational diving?

I have been using a 12 litre tank and im interested in what people think as far as a good size is in general, I know the more popular tank is the alum. 88. Anyway, anyone with comments would be appreciated, thanks :)

You should be able to take the guesswork out of this.

If you know/can estimate your SAC, you can just do the math and figure out exactly what kinds of profiles will be acceptable with this kind of tank.

Make sense?

Back
Top Bottom