mystery tank... (please help)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theslyfox01

Contributor
Reaction score
Brisbane, Australia. Though I'd rather be home in
# of dives
100 - 199
G'day guys, just picked up an aqualung stubby tank second hand and its got some markings that seem very odd to me, quite different to way the tanks specifications are usually displayed. :confused:

Here is the complete list of things engraved on its shoulder.

3699 EB 237
BS 5045/1/CM/S AS 2030/1 5214P96 TUV 10.95
WC 10.0L WP 23.0 MPA TP 34.8 MPA

Can someone translate all this out into plain english for me, some of it I understand.. but some I'm not sure of. Specifically I'm interested in if I put a 300 BAR DIN connection on it inplace of the standard yoke valve it has now what is the max. fill pressure I can use? (Keeping in mind I have regs that are 300 BAR capable.) :rolleyes:

From what I'm calculating at a fill pressure of 232 BAR it has a capacity of 72 cubic feet.. Can I go over that with a DIN connection?

I hope all the BAR and litres references don't annoy all you Yanks that use this forum :D at least i haven't started talking about depth in metres in the same post :wink:

Water Capacity 10 litres

Working Pressure 23.0 MPA (MegaPascals) = 230 bar

Test Pressure 34.8 MPA = 348 Bar

It is rated for 230 bar by the standards listed.

Probably best not to fill it to 300 bar

Any particular reason why you posted this TWICE in two days?

Just wondering,

~SubMariner~

SubMariner once bubbled...
Any particular reason why you posted this TWICE in two days?

Just wondering,

~SubMariner~
Sorry slyfox, but I've deleted your duplicate post! :D Glad you got your answer.

Sorry about the duplicate posts.

First I tried to delete the first post so I could show the new updated version of it but for some reason it said I coulden't, then I tried to edit the old post to show the details I placed in the new post which it excepted however when I checked the post it showed the old post, perhaps there is a refresh delay in bringing up new edited posts but I've never experienced that before at scuba board, after trying to delete the post again to no avail (who knows why it woulden't delete, I ticked the appropriate delete box and pressed the delete button but it said I wasen't allowed to delete it 'because it may be someone elses post' and various other reasons that were illogical.

Finally I gave up and put it in a new post. :eek:

Sorry if this is longwinded and not very coherant, just got out of bed and I can't be bothered with structured sentences etc :wink:

Back
Top Bottom