Is this actually a Sea Elite manifold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doof

Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered this manifold from divers-supply...

http://www.divebooty.com/equipment_details.asp?pid=2497

It very clearly says it's Sea Elite.

But then when it arrived, it came with a catalog. In that catalog, the same item number is listed as an "MVS ABDG Manifold System".

So is it Sea Elite or not?

MVS = Modular Valve System.

The rest matches up with the model numbers.

Doof once bubbled...
So is it Sea Elite or not?
I have a Halcyon manifold lurking amongst 3 genuine Sea Elites and 1 Dive Rite.

I can pick the Dive Rite out because is has "Dive Rite" embossed on it.

But as for weeding out the Halcyon from the genuine Sea Elites... can't be done visually (by me) even with them right there inches from my nose.

Bottom line... don't sweat it... they all work fine.

Ok, thanks. I was just wondering if there was a misprint in either the catalog or on the website.

I just got my Halcyon 55# explorer wing, Sea Elite manifold (unfortunately they sent me the 200 bar, but I called them up and straightened it out, so I should have the 300 bar by Tuesday) and a pair of Dive Rite bands.

Now all I need is to replace my Cobra with a Vyper and a wrist compass, and pick up a brass SPG. I haven't quite decided on the Dive Rite or the OMS, though.

And THEN... it's time to pick up a pair of Jet Fins and spring straps... got to try out a pair on an ice dive a little while back... much nicer than the big green fins I was using - which felt way to long during my cave class, and eventually I'll replace my backup lights with something a little more compact. I've been debating on either the Scouts or the Little Johnsons... kind of leaning towards the Little Johnsons at this point.

And then eventually a decent HID NiMH light. Right now debating between the Sartek and the Sollys. I'd kind of like to wait for more reviews on the Sollys before I take that kind of plunge. It looks like a really nice light, and so far, I've heard nothing but good about them.

The fun just never stops. I think I've finally settled on the idea that I'm NEVER getting out of debt. :eek:ut:

Wow, looks like alot of new gear will be coming home with you soon...

Good luck with all that. I have been having trouble lately... It kinda goes like this:

Hmmm, Pay the rent, or buy a new HID? Pay the cable bill or get another APeks, Pay my car insurance, or get a Vyper,

and it goes on, and on, and on....

Since January of this year, I have purchased:

2 Apeks ATX 200 DIN regs
Halcyon single tank rig
2 LP95's
Manifold & bands
explorer wing
and a used AUL canister light.

And like I said before, I'm still planning on picking up the jetfins, backup lights, a vyper and spg, etc...

My credit cards are kneeling before me and begging for mercy. :eek:ut:

I just wish I'd done it all this way the first time. I swear by all that is holy that this round of purchases will be my last until I get some of this debt paid off.

Yes, I want a scooter some day. And yes I want a rebreather some day. But it all has to wait. I need to start learning to be satisfied with what I've got and what I can do with it, rather than constantly trying to learn something new that inevitably results in something else to buy. :eek:ut:

The Vyper and the Versa pro both have gauge mode, which I would use for a backup timer. I am just familiar with the Suunto computers, so I think i am going to stick with them...

For people looking for new computers, however, the Oceanic Versa series should be looked at. They are very nice...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom