Where can I get new/used tanks cheap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tlessard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm looking at a pressed steel 120, but it costs $330 at my LDS... I'm NOT going to pay those prices! OUCH! Where can I get tanks, also just some aluminum 80s for local lake diving, for a cheap price? PLEASE HELP!!!

Many thanks, Trey

e bay ?

Try north East Scuba Supply
NESS

Just wondering what you were expecting to pay?

IME large steel tanks are usually $300+ and AL80's in the $130-$160 range.

If your expecting much cheaper than that, you'll have to buy used.

I think it generally pays to buy Al tanks at the LDS. Prices after shipping are usually the same, and the LDS is likely to throw in a couple fills and a VIP or two.

I think the same goes for steel tanks. The old HP 120 is $348 at leisurepro, and the new E8 119 is $304... and they're out of both.

Steel tanks are expensive. You should pay around $120 - $140 for an Al 80 at the LDS.

Yeah, my LDS is quite reasonable on their Al 80s, but the instructor that did my Advanced class said he could get the HP120s for $150 at cost and 15%! $180 seems like an awfully high markup to me...just trying to get some feedback to see if anyone knows a place to get them cheaper...

Thanks again, Trey

I would have to call BS on that tank price.

salty once bubbled...
I would have to call BS on that tank price.

Yep me too.

I would very much doubt that there was anything like that sort of markup on tanks. My understanding is that in many cases tanks are used as loss leaders to get people into stores.

Usually sold at cost or slightly above cost. Except in my home town, one of the LDS sells it at 3 times his cost!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom