DIN Fill adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
Folks, the local dive site was going to fill my PST E-7 tank for me yesterday and his hp adapter would not screw in enough to seal. Is there a specific adapter I need to carry for such times? If so who sells it and how do I identify it physically to ensure I get the right part?

Those brass adapters all have a little nipple at the end that prevents them from being screwed all the way in. I've seen people grind it off.

You should have gotten the tank with the K insert for the valve. Just bring it with you to this particular shop when you do fills.

What I would strongly suggest to your LDS is to wake up and bring his fill station into the 21st century, and get some 300 bar DIN fill whips. That way, he can fill 200 and 300 bar DIN valves, with no problem...

Also, those little brass screw in ones are a pain.

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
You should have gotten the tank with the K insert for the valve. Just bring it with you to this particular shop when you do fills.
Just carry the yoke insert for the valve - and maybe the hex key. Just make sure that the convertable valve is actually "convertable" - I have an AL40 with a 200 bar DIN valve that my yoke insert screws into, but the valve is too "fat" for a yoke to actually fit over. A convertable valve will have flats on the sides to make it narrow enough to fit inside a yoke.

If the valve is a 300 BAR DIN the yoke inserts won't seal either -- they only work on 200 BAR DIN valves.

I'd pick up one of the "deluxe" DIN filler from here: http://www.northeastscubasupply.com/tanks/din_filler.html AFTER verifying that they now fit 200 BAR DIN valves (if you're interested). The one I got from NESS a couple years ago only fits 300 BAR valves, but looking at it versus the picture they show on the web page, it now looks like it's been redesigned to fit 200 BAR valves too.

The brass ones are a pain, because sometimes you need a couple of them to find one that seats in a position that you can get a fill whip on it. The Deluxe filler can be rotated into any position as it seats, so there's no worry.

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom