What size tank is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

armedrios

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have an older PsT tank i can not identify was wondering if anyone has any idea. The approximate measurments are 7" dia and 24.5" long,and weighs around 46 pounds full. The numbers are DOT 3AA 3000 073550 PsT, any ideas? Also trying to determine a fair price for this because i am diving with al 80s right now and dont want this tank, i bought a whole set of stuff from someone and this tank was included.

3000 psi is an oddball pressure rating for a steel tank. They tend to be 1800 to 2640, or 3300 to 3500.

Pressed Steel at one point made a bunch of steel 3000 psi steel 80s for USD. They were almost the same size as, and often mistaken for, steel 72s, but heavier. This sounds like what you may have.

Hard to determine a price as they are fairly rare. I'd guess maybe $50 to $100 depending on condition, hydro status, and finish, maybe a bit more if you can find a collector who wants it.

I have an older PsT tank i can not identify was wondering if anyone has any idea. The approximate measurments are 7" dia and 24.5" long,and weighs around 46 pounds full. The numbers are DOT 3AA 3000 073550 PsT, any ideas? Also trying to determine a fair price for this because i am diving with al 80s right now and dont want this tank, i bought a whole set of stuff from someone and this tank was included.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom