What size steel cylinder / tank should I get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
Today I visited the IMHO best LDS and was asked this simply complex question, Hey want to buy a new steel 121cf LP tank with K Valve for $259.95USD???
I mean I'm a large guy 6'2" and carry my weight well, the size of the tank does bother me some, but 50% more air is very tempting.

What is the advice of the board??

Cause if you don't want it. I'd take it........ I use 112 LP's in doubles and they are heavy. But lots of air. That 121 would be sweet. I don't think I'd want it for a set of doubles though.....

Fishkiller,
I was in my LDS Thursday and they had a steel 120 priced at $429.00. Thats a great price on that tank.
:tree:Bob

I found out that the sale lasted until that Friday night, when the supplier closed so I bought two 121LP tanks and they should arrive Friday this week, just in time for an AWARE dive.

Great deal, Fishkiller!!!

I got my pressed steel HP 120s for close to 350... If you are like me then you suck air like a pig... being big does have a few disadvantages... You can stay down with the teens again!

That's a great price Fishkiller, for a sweet cylinder. As long as you can carry the weight (which at 6'2" I doubt you'll have any problems) go for it! :D

Must be a Faber or Hieser, right? If it's PST, jump now and buy two. I just bought a Faber 95 for $245.

Mike

Sheesh... that's a steal. (no pun intended). Can you carry that thing? Is it a PST?

-kate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom