please id lp steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goatboy_k

Reaction score
hi everyone, first post here. just doing some reasearch here before i buy.

i have found 2 tanks at my buddie's dads LDS and would like your comments before i buy

markings are

DOT 3AA2400
31016 SRP 1073+PST

and

DOT 3AA2400
22734 SRP 4407+PST

these tanks are from the late 80's i belive

they do not come with valves at the moment he quoted me 30 dolllars a piece for matching yoke valves

these have just come back from hydro and passed with the plus rating

i know that these are pressed steel 2400 tanks with the plus rating to 26## something rating.

my question to you is what size if you can tell are these tanks and is 50 dollars a piece a bargin for these tanks. And should i buy the 30 a piece valves or get them somewhere else is that a good price.

I will be setting them up as a pair of matching singles.

thanks in advance

kurt

Most likely 72's...

are you sure they are bigger than the AL80's sitting next to them

i guess i should of said that before !!

kurt

Whats the diameter of the cylinders??? How long are they???

From what you posted, there is no way for sure to tell what the cylinders are other than steel, and made by PST...

that's kinda what ive found looking through the posts is there is really no way to tell without measuring, though someone could tell from the serial number, i'll have to measure them to really tell for sure. I can say that they are bigger diameter than the AL80's (slightly). That would lead me to belive that they are 8 inch. And are taller than AL80's. And that would tell me that they are either 120's or the next size down is 104. Am i correct that without measuring that they are either 120 or 104??

thanks again
kurt

If they are in fact 8 inch diameter, and are the same height or about an inch taller than the 80's they probably are 104's....

I woul also weigh them too. this can help to determine what they are...

The 104's are 46#... Big tank...

72's would be stamped DOT 3AA2250 ir ICC 3AA2250.

Could also be similar to Scubapro 96s as they were also rated for 2400psi and the vintage matches pretty close. SP 96s had a brown internal coating. The 96s are a bit larger in diameter than an AL80, but have buoyancy specs empty similar to the 72s.

Overfilled to 3300 by a "sleepy" tank monkey they old LOTS of air!

FT

thank you to all who replied, i will measure to be sure of the size, but no one answered my real question.

$50 dollars apiece w/o valve is a pretty good deal right?

kurt

Yeah. I went back and read that again, and realized they couldnt be 72's...

Yes, as long as they pass VIP and HYDRO, its a good deal...

Back
Top Bottom