Tank Bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nielc

Reaction score
Hi to all! Can anybody suggest where I can get a tank band with stainless buckle? I'm planning on setting up my own twins. My BCD is a Scubapro SuperHawk, do you think it will support it? Thanks in advance! :)

Yes it did came with one, but I was thinking of setting up twins so I will need 3 more, like this in

http://www.quickdrawbracket.com/item168403.ctlg

Setting up here in my area is quite expensive so I was thinking of DIY kinda thing. I would not have a problem with the AL brackets because we can manufacture it here :)

Thanks!

Nielc,

The bands you refer to are regular Scubapro bands. If they don't come with the other hardware, you can oder them from your Scubapro dealer.

JimC,

I couldn't find a price at that site on anything.

The do look stout but are a little spendy. You can also get the Scubapro bands ($38 each) or a generic equivelent ($25 each) through their site for a better price then your SP dealer would probably give you. (around $40-$43 each)

I have not been aware of this particular unit before but would have considered it when setting up independent doubles as it looks to be very well put together and I like the SP style bands.

But it is still spendy and at $83 each for the brackets plus the expense of four sets of cam bands there are much cheaper options than going the DIY route with these brackets.

You can get a set of aqua exploxer travel bands for about $130. it's less expensive and I think the cam bands would be less likely to snag.

http://www.discountdivers.com/fx/aqua.explorers.tank.bands.html

There is nothing wrong with using travel bands rather than "real bands" as long as you are talking independent doubles and are not planning on using a manifold.

Indepndent doubles have their own advantages and disadvantages that I am not going to re-discuss here. But you do need to make an informed choice if you plan on using them to ensure they fit into your overall configuration, are suited to the type of diving you will be doing and that you are aware of the different procedures used with indpendent doubles.

for doubles....We've had threads on that before, That setup would probably be the best choice, the only choice if you're renting tanks like when travelling. Remenber that the K'hawk has the 5/16" holes only about 8" apart, so normally configured banded doubles won't fit. You also have to use them as Independant doubles as you have to be able to remove them from the assembly seperatly. There are some pros and cons to using Ind dbls and how best to hook up regs and pwr inflator and such, but that's another thread. If you really want to get into doubles, My suggestion is to go with a BC or BP/W that's designed for doubles. That said, the K'hawk is advertised at a bit over 40# lift, so that shouldn't be a problem with Al 80's if you go the K'hawk /doubles route.

Gotta ask though, why do you need doubles, if you aren't planning deco dives, and if you are planning deco dives, why in heaven's name would you be considering such illsuited gear for that type of diving!

Darlene

Thank you for all the replies!!! Its been a great help...

We usually rent tanks here Darlene, I am in the Philippines. The reason why I wanted doubles is just to try it out first before investing in a BP/BCD. Since I have 2 Regs then I might as well try it out then. :)

But I understand the "gotta make what you got to work with work" predicament. Will the same bands setup work with a BP/wing, or is it contoured to fit the plastic backpiece of the Knighthawk specifically? If you can use it with a bp, then that makes it all much more cost effective.

Good luck with your setup.....just be carefull, with more air, you'll stay down longer and deco time will accumulate progressively faster, and that's usually where problems begin...Be sure to get proper training if deco dives are your goal.

Keep us posted on the results,

Darlene

Now I look at "twinssetup" on the website and see all the pics of how you set them up on regular bc's or BP's. For what you want to do, looks like a no brainer.....

Darlene

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom