Poll: How many tanks do you own? Rec or tek? Boat Owner?

How many cylinders do you own?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Barsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm curious to see how many tanks the "typical" Scubaboard member owns?

Since my wife and I own a small boat, we each have five tanks, enough for a day and a half of diving if we do an overnight trip. We used to own semi-closed circuit rebreathers, but discontinued using them due to maintenance demands (time and costs).

I am sure many of you tech divers own very large numbers of cylinders.

You can indicate in the poll the number of tanks, the type of diving you do, cold or warm water, and whether you are a boat owner. If you own more than 15, just check the box, "I lost count."

So, how many tanks do you own?

Last edited:
I'm sitting at 22 tanks right now, probably going to acquire some more shortly. Your poll needs a 15+ option :wink:

I protest! I the only poll-answerer, and I only count for 50%?!?!?!?! Sexist!!! :scorned:

5 tanks (1 pony, 4 HP steels)(NOT counting my surface O2 tank)
Cold water recreational diver.

I'm currently at 43 but then 16 are bank cylinders...... Personal use only - dual rebreather....

Until I started tech diving, I owned no cylinders at all. I would be very surprised if more than 5% of the divers in Colorado or many other similar states with little decent local diving own any cylinders. If you have to get on an airplane and fly to your dive destinations, there is no point in it. It is quite conceivable that the truly typical SB diver does not own a cylinder at all.

Why is 0 not an option?

Between myself and my husband's, I count 18 in the garage at this moment. But that doesn't include those sitting at work, or those out on permanent loan.
Mike is the tech diver, with bottles for sidemounting and staging. I am the rec diver, diving mostly aluminum 80's, but ya never know!
Warm Florida coastal diving for me, cooler cave diving in a drysuit for him.

I actually had to think for a while, I think I have between 22 and 24 tanks although I probably missed one or two

6 HP100 singles
2 HP130 singles
1 set of HP100 doubles
1 set of LP72 doubles
1 set of AL80 doubles
3 AL40's
1 AL30
and an assortment of inflation bottles and pony tanks

oh, and a few emergency O2 bottles

I'm sitting at 22 tanks right now, probably going to acquire some more shortly. Your poll needs a 15+ option :wink:

I agree, it needs a 15+ option

Back
Top Bottom