Thinking on some new tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie712

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking at getting some new tanks for sidemount. I'm 5'8 dive both wet and dry, what I'm looking at
Faber lp85
Faber fx100
Worthington lp85
Worthington hp x7 100
What's going to be my benefits between them. I also have my own compressor so not worried about short fills or the lp tanks to get whoopie fills to 3600.

Awesome! I have 3 of the 4 types of tanks you mentioned. My favourite are the Faber lp85s. They ride really well with the Stealth. With what you'll learn on your course from Patrick, you'll find that you can get these tanks to sit very tightly to your sides.
The Worthingtons are more negative and do require and extra wrap of the bungee around the valve to tighten them up, so they'll still work. Same with the faber fx100s. You might like the added weight when diving cold water in a drysuit. But I very much prefer how the Faber lp85s sit. Or better yet, the Al80s. Depends on the dive though.

For reference: I'm 5'8" 165 lbs.
With a drysuit and cold water undergarments diving sidemount -
Al80s I wear 20lbs,
faber lp85s, I wear 17lbs,
the hp 100s , I wear 12 pounds.
That's maintaining a safety stop with 500 psi in each tank

Cool thanks for the info with a single tank bp/w 5lb ss plate I wear 16lbs with lp95 and 22 with aluminum 80 that's with a whites fusion and thermal fusion undergarment I think I could shed a few lbs

for sidemount it is Fabers out of that list. Keep in mind the 85's and the 100's are essentially the same with the 100's being a hair shorter, so I might go for the FX100's out of that list. Water volume is essentially the same, so capacity is the same. The 100's hold quite a bit more than 100cf *108 give or take vs 109 on the 85's*. If the 85's are cheaper then buy the 85's, but if the cost is the same, just grab the 100's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom