DOT Stamp on Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgriffith

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A friend of mine moved to the US from Germany. He brought his very nice Scubapro tanks with him, but the local dive shops won't fill them because they do not have a DOT stamp on them. Can someone help me out here? Does he have any options for getting these tanks up to code or are they useless here in the US? Thanks.

Frank

fgriffith:
A friend of mine moved to the US from Germany. He brought his very nice Scubapro tanks with him, but the local dive shops won't fill them because they do not have a DOT stamp on them. Can someone help me out here? Does he have any options for getting these tanks up to code or are they useless here in the US? Thanks.

Frank

The certification process requires lots of paperwork and cost a fair bit of money. Sell the tanks on ebay to a european diver and both parties will be better off.
I has a customer get POed with me because I could not vis a steel tank that he bought in the UK. It was a faber exactly like a steel 98 but did not have DOT cert. He tried but finally gave up on the north american rating.

Thanks Dave. I'll let him know. I don't think he'll be too happy tho.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom