1st set of doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slider2268

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking to put togher my 1st set of doubles thinking about faber LP85's or 95's. Is this a good setup for starting out? thanks

I'm thinking that the specs Faber has on them is -6 lbs full and neutral empty on the 85 and -7 full and neutral on the 95.

teknitroxdiver:
How tall are you? Most find these tanks a little bit short for good balance and to be comfortable.
Diver tallness doesn't matter. Tank height and "balance" can be compensated for with very little effort once the diver learns the fundamentals of centers of gravity and buoyancy...

True, but they may be too short to sit down comfortably with. I haven't dove double 95s, so that's just a thought...

It must have been the HP Fabers that I was thinking were very negative.

Next negative thought: I don't like the painted tanks... I've seen some nasty chipping before... though if you treat it precious you'll be OK. I like PST galvanized steel since the zinc coating is self-healing when scratched.

Snowbear:
Oops - I was unaware that sitting comfort was an important consideration
rolleyes.gif
Well I guess to each his (her) own, but I was just thinking that it would be better to determine that you couldn't comfortably put on a pair of 95s before you bought them, instead of afterwards. But you may not have a problem, I dunno.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom