DEMA - Pressed Steel new tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis

Contributor
Reaction score
If you go there or are there, and see anything about the rumored new line and the disco'ing of the existing PST tanks, please post something here...

I'm very interested in the facts on this, as I'm considering the move to steelies (as the previous threads have posited on this subject) and would like to know what, if anything, is going on before making a move in any of these directions.

Thanks!

I already got CC on the prowl for this information :)

Roak

On an earlier thread I posted info on the new tank that I got directly from PST. I don't know where I put it but they sent me a draft of their new spec sheet as well.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
On an earlier thread I posted info on the new tank that I got directly from PST. I don't know where I put it but they sent me a draft of their new spec sheet as well.

I was told by the dealer I got my tanks from that the service pressure was going to remain 2400, but that the working pressure was going to be spec'd at 3500. I don't know if this is retro to existing LP tanks, as I get the impression the tanks are actually the same, they just are admitting that the higher pressure is okay.

Phil

No it is actually a new tank design. They have attempted to get the current lp tanks through testing for hp standards and they failed. The new tank is has a working presure of 34xx and a rated volume somewhere around 140 cu ft. I need to look up the spec sheet they sent me. I wish I could find that other thread!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
They have attempted to get the current lp tanks through testing for hp standards and they failed

I wouldn't tell the cave guys in Florida that :D

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Aren't working pressure and service pressure the same thing? How can they be different values?

:confused:

Oh, probably. I maybe should have said "rated" vs working, or service, or something. Implying the number stamped on the tank versus what we actually put into them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom