PST HP 100s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thethumper

Reaction score
Anyone have any info or things to check for HP PST 100s. I found a set of dbls for sale I'm interested in. Here's part of the add.... less the contact info :eek:ut: :D

Pressed Steel hp100's with Genesis 300 bar vavles w/isolator. Original Hydro '89 Current hydro '99. Asking $475. I can deliver to Cave country most any time

with the Genesis manifolds (they have the ports angled upward); I tried a single valve of theirs and it puts my reg right where I bang into it with my head. OUCH!

Somewhere, I read that DIR divers found it more difficult to route all their hoses using the angled valves. It is slightly more difficult to clear water from these. I bet that there are newer sets, O2 cleaned for the same price. Find out if the tanks are galvo or paint over galvo. You might have a preference on this point. The Genesis (Sherwood), PST tanks were painted.

have a complaint about them from what I have heard in that the angled connection makes it more likely to knock the reg off during contact with the overhead. I find this one a bit tough to stomach.

There can indeed be routing problems. In particular, if you use the bottom port on a turreted first (most SPs) with a long hose then you've got trouble immediately, because instead of the hose leading straight down along the plate it suddenly is being pushed into your back instead.

I might have been able to tolerate that, but having it stick the reg up where the bottom of the turret is thrust towards the bottom of my neck, greatly increasing the "bang the head against the reg" risk, was what turned me off on them.

(This issue is why I'm waiting for the new E-series PST tanks before buying any of the HP ones - I want to be able to use 3/4" 300 bar DIN valves, where I actually have a selection of manufacturers! For the 7/8" thread series the only manifolds I've seen are the Genesis ones.)

thethumper once bubbled...
Anyone have any info or things to check for HP PST 100s. I found a set of dbls for sale I'm interested in. Here's part of the add.... less the contact info :eek:ut: :D

Pressed Steel hp100's with Genesis 300 bar vavles w/isolator. Original Hydro '89 Current hydro '99. Asking $475. I can deliver to Cave country most any time
I had one fail hydro (91 orig. hydro.) and had heard (rumors?) they had some manufacturing problems around that time. Don't know if that includes 89 or not.

PST replaced the the tank that failed by the way. Only had to pay the shipping. Not bad considering the tank was almost 10 years old.

Kudos to PST !!!!!!!!

Genesis once bubbled...
[DIR folks...] have a complaint about them from what I have heard in that the angled connection makes it more likely to knock the reg off during contact with the overhead. I find this one a bit tough to stomach.
It is a real problem - just ask my Vytec transmitter. It has "Ruby E" battlescars.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom