Yet another tank question (Faber 95)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arnaud

Contributor
Reaction score
I am considering buying a Faber/SP Steel 95. The size of the tank is comfortable for my height (5'11) and while I always go back to the boat with at least 750psi, I haven't felt the need for the additional time UW a bigger tank would allow. I use a dry suit and am not planning to dive doubles any time soon.

What are your thoughts? Should I consider something else?

Arnaud once bubbled...
I am considering buying a Faber/SP Steel 95. The size of the tank is comfortable for my height (5'11) and while I always go back to the boat with at least 750psi, I haven't felt the need for the additional time UW a bigger tank would allow. I use a dry suit and am not planning to dive doubles any time soon.

What are your thoughts? Should I consider something else?

Sounds like your right on track to me.I own two Faber LP95 and really like them.Sometimes i wish i would have bought the 108's as i am tall and could easily handle one as there isnt much weight or length difference from the 95.But it sounds like the LP95 would be a perfect match for you.

I think you will be just fine with the 95's. I own a couple of faber (OMS) 112's. I like having the extra air as we frequently dive deep and or use my AGA FFM. Most of the time I usually run out of bottom time before my air gets too low. The other benefit for me using 112's, when in the water with an instructor and owc I can get two dives on one tank.

the 95 is a nice size. it's not huge, but it has a good volume. I've got two. On a bp/wing setup I don't notice their size (the 95 is larger than standard) but on a standard vest type BC with no shoulder strap adjustment I could feel the tank swimming a little on its own. I am able to hit NDL's with this tank.

I've got 4 of them with either H-valves or as doubles depending on the season.The rust protection sux really bad.My PST,OMS buddies have NO rust issues.I have to wire brush every little bick,scrape or chip immediately or it pits up.Have tried recoating with cold galvanizing and marine epoxy.They are perfect for me at 5'10.

Thanks for your posts. Has anyone else had rust problems with Faber?

Tony, I guess you would recommend OMS LP 98 over Faber LP95?

Maybe, I should post a poll.

Yes,the same tanks sit side by side on my boat .Same age and same use .Faber rusting ,OMS not .I live close to cave country so a newer set can be had for $300 to $500.This is less than 2 yrs old.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom