Genesis manifolds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unless they've changed their design, the atachment ports for you 1st stage (DIN) are at an angle greater then 90degrees. this makes for a possible nasty senario, as the leverage from the angle could cause the connection to fail if hit (eg wreck pen).

my $0.02

Willer

As mentioned - they tilt your regs up on an angle, and the first stage becomes the first thing to hit an overhead, instead of the manifold. Speaking from experience :(

Yeah, I have to agree, funny angle...

Also, the knobs are held in place by a locknut which always seems to get rusted and then has to get replaced... which by the way, is NOT cheap...

Funny HP seat in the valve too... $20...

cheaper, lower-profile, and IMHO better all the way around.

Genesis once bubbled...
cheaper, lower-profile, and IMHO better all the way around.

My buddy has a Genesis manifold, he likes it. It's not my cup of tea though. Everyone else has brought up the very good point about the angle and possible damage/failure of the first stages. Yet when you are a poor college guy, $65 bucks for a near new iso-manifold isn't too bad. Genesis has an excellent point about the Sea Elite manifolds, same design as the Halcyon and they can be had for as little as 130 quid on ebay.

If you buy the Sea Elite manifold from ebay make sure you're getting the 300 bar version and not the 232 bar version. My wife got me the manifold last year for my birthday and, not knowing exactly what I needed, got me the 232 bar one instead. Divers Supply was nice and exchanged it for me but that could be a problem for anyone living outside the states.

Just my 2 cents.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom