need help with tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ok all , my actually both local dive shops trying to change my mind!!!
hears what I was planing on doing first my regulator system is yoke right now, but have every thing to change over to DIN and had planned on doing so .
I have two alum lux 80 tanks both yoke was going to change the valves to OMS valve the ones wear you can use din or yoke .
any way, I was planing on buying two steel 100,or 104 steel tanks
but they are trying to talk me out of them , they trying to sell me two alum 80's the new neutral weight ones .
reason I was going to the steel and higher capacity from 80 to 100's was to have more air , and increase the weight so I can tank some weight off me (BC) any thoughts on this
also what is better low pressure or high pressure thanks .

So is your reason to go to doubles is to have more air? What type of diving are you pallning on doing both now and in the future? Are you diving wet or with a drysuit?

I have the diverite manifold and it has the inserts so my tanks can be used both with DIN and yoke.

well to be honest most of the diving I do is wreck diving most in 100 to 150 foot range and I am a air hog so my air consumption is high , and now that we found out what the reason I gained 70 IB's of weight and its being corrected hopefully me loosing some more weight will also help too !!

Buy the LP 104s

Hallmac

medic13 once bubbled...
ok answere this why Lp over HP any reason for this !!!!!!! wouldnt you have more air with the HP

MODEL CAPACITY O.D. LENGTH WEIGHT BUOYANCY
HP-100 100 CU.FT. 7.25 23.94 31 LBS -1.4 LBS
LP-104 104 CU.FT. 8.00 26.19 45 LBS -0.7 LBS

If your diving dry especially in cold water the buoyancy charachteristics of the LP tanks are better. They are more neg. Filled to rated presure you'll get the volume that the tank is rated for so that isn't an issue.

Is the shop trying to talk you out of din? If they are don't listen to them. IMO, everyone should stop using yoke connections so they go away.

O-ring wrote...

MODEL CAPACITY O.D. LENGTH WEIGHT BUOYANCY
HP-100 100 CU.FT. 7.25 23.94 31 LBS -1.4 LBS
And that's assuming you can get a 3500 psi fill. My favorite charter only fills to 3000, for example.

medic13 once bubbled...
ok answer this why Lp over HP any reason for this !!!!!!! wouldn't you have more air with the HP

AS posted the 104 has more volume in relation to it's shape. Remember that to hold 100 cu ft the high-pressure tank must be pressurized to 3500 psi. Don't confuse pressure with volume.

a lot of shops around here charge extra to fill high pressure tanks.

And as some will tell you should you make the personal choice the LP tank can be overfilled to give you even more cu ft. The HP should not be overfilled.

Hallmac

IMHO, the HP tanks make zero sense..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom