Do the PST LP 104's really weigh 45 Pounds each?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Woah.

I was lurking on the PST site today (slow day in the office, Ken...?) and I brought up the specs for my HP100. 31#, neg 1.4#, 23.9" tall...its all good.

So I flip over to their legacy stuff...and I see that 104. I believe a bunch of you are using those for doubles. In a recent thread I believe this was the preferred rig.

Are you kidding me....? Did I possibly read that right?

Woah.

So you doubles guys (and gals)...are schlepping Ninety (NINE-OH) of cylinders...then the bands, the manifold, etc. These things each weigh 45 pounds - are over 26" tall, and 8" in diameter. EACH?!!

We're not worthy.

k

...which is why I'm waiting for E7-100 tanks to come out (presumably this week) before buying doubles.

8 cf less gas, 29lb less weight :) Not that it's likely I would need them pumped to 3442 or 3500psi anyway - dual 80's would be sufficient for weenie me.

Mo2vation wrote...

So you doubles guys (and gals)...are schlepping Ninety (NINE-OH) of cylinders...then the bands, the manifold, etc. These things each weigh 45 pounds...
Don't forget the weight of the gas in them. Can't remember the exact amount, but figure another 15lbs or so.

45 lbs would be empty weight. Don't forget your two stage bottles, 4 regulators, your canister light, etc :)

WW

squats, boys, and lots of leg presses and dead lifting. I weight in at 135lbs, full cave gear weighs more than I do. :rolleyes:

You just have to keep telling yourself "It weight almost nothing in the water..."; as you are working out at the gym so you can carry your rig to the waters edge. Why do you think technical diving requires being in good physical shape?:D :D :D

My Instructor requires that I do a 4 mile run, 3 times a week, with a set of 104's and a full kit, recently she said I could stop wearing my fins...(Thanx H.)

Puts hair on yer chest..........

uphill

in the snow

both ways....?

:)

Yeah, but I wear no weight when I'm in doubles.

That's why I really, really hate shore diving in doubles.

chickdiver once bubbled...
squats, boys, and lots of leg presses and dead lifting. I weight in at 135lbs, full cave gear weighs more than I do. :rolleyes:

Woohoo! You are my kinda lady! Hat's off to you!

Now that's what I call a good dive buddy!

I do have to admit that last week walking from the parking lot at Peacock Springs back to Waterhole, after waiting for 4 others to crawl down into the hole I was sure happy to get those 104's into the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom