300 bar to 200 bar DIN adaptor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a tank with a 300 bar DIN outlet, and regulator which only has a 200 bar DIN fitting (don't get me started...).

Does anyone know of an insert or an adaptor that can make the regulator fit the deeper hole?

It's unsafe to use a 200 bar reg on a 300 bar valve. Get a new valve.

Just change out the 200 bar din fitting on your reg for a 300 bar fitting. That way it will fit any din valve you come across in the future.

The above is not quite true. If you go to Europe & want to dive nitrox, you'll need a new, you beaut, EU nitrox fitting.

Last edited:
I also have a DIN regulator rated for 4500psi that has the so called "200 bar" DIN fitting. There are 200 bar to 300 bar adapters available in Europe. Unfortunately, it adds about an inch to the valve and also costs more than a new valve. What is your tank neck thread? If it is 3/4" NPS, a new valve is probably your best option.

A good machinist could probably convert a DIN>Yoke insert into a 300 bar>200 bar insert.

Thanks for the various suggestions. I think finding a new 300 bar adaptor for the regulator is the easiest solution.

Just change out the 200 bar din fitting on your reg for a 300 bar fitting. That way it will fit any din valve you come across in the future.

The above is not quite true. If you go to Europe & want to dive nitrox, you'll need a new, you beaut, EU nitrox fitting.

Is that right? Unrelated to this thread, I was going diving in Cyprus in February, and it never occurred me to that my DIN regulators might not fit their tanks over there.

Is that right? Unrelated to this thread, I was going diving in Cyprus in February, and it never occurred me to that my DIN regulators might not fit their tanks over there.

Yes an no.

The new EU regulations state we do need to use a 300bar M26 valve for nitrox.
But I still have to meet the 1st company or diver, doing so.

And yes you should just fit a new 300bar fitting to your reg, easy as eating cake and will cost around $ 30-40.

Remember, a 300 bar M26 Nitrox fitting is totally different from a 300 bar DIN fitting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom