Adaptor for two 1st stages and rental tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johanan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!

Does anybody know - is there an adaptor that can be attached to a tank valve with a DIN or Yoke and has two orifices and two valves for two first stages? For some weird reasons I think that it could be a useful thing in order to use dual first stages with rental single tanks. But I seem to be the only one... I Have looked everywhere and found many T and Y valves that can be screwed into the tanks, but nothing like this.

Am I a genius who just invented a brilliant thing or a moron who ponders his crab and langouste thoughts about tanks and valves?:confused:

Cheers!

Janis

What value will it bring ? You are adding failure points, the whole setup. Will be flimzy and you are not getting anything in return.

Hi!

Does anybody know - is there an adaptor that can be attached to a tank valve with a DIN or Yoke and has two orifices and two valves for two first stages? For some weird reasons I think that it could be a useful thing in order to use dual first stages with rental single tanks. But I seem to be the only one... I Have looked everywhere and found many T and Y valves that can be screwed into the tanks, but nothing like this.

Am I a genius who just invented a brilliant thing or a moron who ponders his crab and langouste thoughts about tanks and valves?:confused:

Cheers!

Janis

Can you share the reason? I think people here can offer you a better solution than what you are trying to do.

WOW! This is exactly the thing I thought of. Thanks! Good to know that there are also other smart people out there who have already made the thing I invented.:D

Many people think that one needs at least an Y valve for two 1st stages when diving singles in overhead situations or ice. I have read it also here in SB. Dive stores offer tanks with such valves. I can buy these valves separately and install on my tanks. It doesn't help, however, if I have to rent or borrow the tanks. This seems to be kinda solution, what do you think? Thanks for your posts.

Janis

All I have to say WTF. If you want another reg for redundancy, do what I do, sling a cylinder. When I travel, I bring another reg, and tank straps to sling a tank. Slinging an AL80 is easy, and at most dive resorts it's free, if you have unlimited shore diving.

That adapter just introduces more failure points.

All I have to say WTF.

Thanks! With my self-taught English I'm not quite sure what the abbreviation in bold stands for, but I surmise I better shouldn't try to find out.:blinking:

I have never tried to sling a 80cf tank. I my imagination it seems a bulky and messy setup. But certainly I should try it. Bringing just straps seems a good idea for traveling and may also give some extra air.

J.

I don't see the point ...

"Ideal for commercial work where redundancy is a safety requirement"

When it comes to OSHA or other safety laws it is better to have the equipment than not. So if the law requires dual regulators but says nothing about dual cylinders/valves then using the above makes you legal. Maybe not safer but legal.

Back
Top Bottom