Valve Manufacturers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xdrjones5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Is there any difference between the different valves and manifolds. For example, Thermo, XS Scuba, Dive Rite, HOG, Halcyon.

Diference between Thermo and Dive Rite. Obviously the knobs are different but what about performance and durability?

My Thermo valves have a dip tube that unscrews with an Allen wrench. My diverite you have to grab with vice grips which scratches the chrome. (Then I hide the scratches inside the tank...)

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

The XS manifolds also have the Allen dip tubes. All the others don't AFAIK

The number of o-rings on the crossbar varies on adjustable manifolds

There are various other differences in material & construction

Thermo uses copper crash washers to seal the bonnet nut, dive rite uses o-rings.

Thermo and Dive Rite crossbar isolates different sides of the manifold. Thermo seat isolates the left post, dive rite -the right, just like Halcyon.

Halcyon stem uses radial o-rings to provide the seal between the stem and the bonnet nut. The others use a face o-ring, so Halcyon knobs depend upon the pressure in the tanks less than the others.

Elan can you explain how the crossbar isolates a post?

Sure. When you close the isolator one side is sealed with the seat while the other is sealed with just the bonet nut and stem orings. Or bonnet nut crash washer and the stem oring. So in case these orings fail and you close the isolator with the thermo you will save the gas in the left tank with dive rite and halcyon in the right tank.

Also, Thermo valves stands much higher off the tank neck than Halcyon and Dive Rite, very important feature, specially for small stature people

Sure. When you close the isolator one side is sealed with the seat while the other is sealed with just the bonet nut and stem orings. Or bonnet nut crash washer and the stem oring. So in case these orings fail and you close the isolator with the thermo you will save the gas in the left tank with dive rite and halcyon in the right tank.

Right, I get you now. Thanks

By the way, here's something related to the OP:

Attachments

• XS scuba manifold.jpg
    XS scuba manifold.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 678

Back
Top Bottom