New European standard for nitrox/oxygen cyliners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

its been 5 years now.
I don't know anyone that uses m26.

even less to worry about in the states as you still dive the old 20th century yoke stuff.

So if your deco reg goes down on a dive, you'll no longer have the option of removing a backgas reg and using that on the deco bottle? I think I'd stick with the current approach, :censored: you very much Brussels.

But really, they should have at least five standard valve/reg combos: M25 for air, M26 for EAN, M27 for normoxic helium mixtures, M28 for hypoxic helium mixtures, and M29 for the odd helium blend with more than 21% O2. Can't have anyone accidentally getting the wrong blend in a tank!

even less to worry about in the states as you still dive the old 20th century yoke stuff.

Furlongs per fortnight was good enough for my great grandfather, and it's good enough for me :D

Furlongs per fortnight was good enough for my great grandfather, and it's good enough for me :D

I heard it from a source that can't be named that the USA never went metric in order to confuse the Mexicans in case of a surprise attack.

Almost universally ignored; at least in the UK.

If you buy a regulator sold as being for nitrox then it will come as M26 but not many people do that and, even if they did, it is simply enough to swap the DIN fitting back to M25.

I have a M25/M26 adapter in the shop and only one regular customer who needs it for me to fill nitrox for them, everyone else has carried on as normal.

I heard it from a source that can't be named that the USA never went metric in order to confuse the Mexicans in case of a surprise attack.

Nope, it was the Canadians. . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom