Ratchet Cam Bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

icechip

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have any experience/history using ratchet cam bands? I saw these and wondered if they might be worth a closer look.

Ratcheting Cam Bands

I saw those awhile ago, looks like an answer to a problem that dosent exist.

I picked up a set of these at DEMA in 2011 and have had them on one of my BPW's for about two years now. They work. I have had no issues with them. That said I have not tried to break them. Simply because I think I could. Much easier than a standard or highland style band. The ratcheting mechanism is from snowboard bindings. It is held onto the webbing with two small light book screws on each part. The lever is not very low profile. and though I don't know exactly what material it is, it just feels brittle. I would not want to lay a tank down on it or have on bang against it while on a another rig. When tightening it up though it has not done so I fully expect to see the narrow strap with the teeth slip. Not sure why I just do. I'm not confident cranking down on it at all. A standard steel or even plastic or highland band? No problem. I bought them just to try. Received several emails from the mfg to buy more. I have 5 BC's here in addition to my SM rigs. I did not bother getting more of them.

if perhaps you have some physical disability that they would benefit you to execute the intended task, why not. otherwise, there is a better mouse trap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom