European Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive_turkey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Might actually put together a doubles set this summer. Wondering what's a good deal. LDS has a pair of twin 7L Luxifer 300Bar tanks. No tank bands, and I'm pretty certain I'd need new valves/manifold, 100€.

That puts me at 4200L of breathing gas, equiv to 150cu ft... (+/-). I'm trying to remember, but I think we've been diving single 12L's so far??? I'll have to check that out to see where that puts me on dives/fill.

1) how much more will it cost to get them to the water? (Bands/valves/manifold/hardware/etc)

2) will I need a new wing (Hog 32#)?

3) is this stupid?

---------- Post added April 18th, 2014 at 03:25 PM ----------

I'm at a loss trying to figure these tank markings out:

275V 7.0L 300 8.85KG
84 GB 30 LUXEFER P2118R 2182A

275V - unknown
7.0L - volume
300 - pressure
8.85KG - empty weight
84 GB 30 - produced in Great Britian? maybe in 1984?
LUXEFER - mfg
P2118R - unknown
2182A - serial number?

I can't find much information on these tanks at all.

Last edited:
<bump> Ok, so this might be a niche conversation. How about a picture and another question:

How hard would it be to change this weird setup to a traditional redundant doubles config with an isolation manifold? They are current on inspection until beyond my stay in Europe, so I should be able to sell them on my way out. Here's are the pics!
zeburaqy.jpg
7u8y8a3u.jpg

All you would need is a set of valves w/ isolation manifold and a set of tank bands.
I don't know anything about those tanks.

Things to consider:
center-to-center spacing of valve/manifold
center-to-center of tank bands
diameter of tanks
valve threads

I recently bought a set of lp72's fairly cheap ($75 each with fresh hydro) and picked up a valve/manifold/band set on ebay for ~$100. So ~$250 for LP72 doubles. Not much more gas than a single HP120, but pretty cool none the less.

(sorry if none of this is helpful for European tanks)

---------- Post added April 21st, 2014 at 01:34 PM ----------

see page 3:

http://www.dty.nl/bibliotheek/duikcilinders/inslagen-luxfer.pdf

That is pretty much as far as I've gotten so far... I appreciate the post though. I'm sort of under the impression it's going to be tough to figure this out over here without dropping a an unnecessary amount of change. Seems to be that mistakes and lessons just cost euro, but half the time, avoiding them costs the same amount of euro...

first of all I am not sure these really are 300 bar cylinders. as the marking usually says "bar" next to the pressure indication,
secondly if built 1984 valves may be conical (beware of forcing cylindrical valves into the threads) so it could be hard to find valves for a manifold; what markings do the valves display?

Hmm, good info. I didn't look for valve markings. May just be best to hold out for a younger set of twins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom