Thermo Manifold for 7.25 vs 8 tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For thermo brand manifold, are there any difference between 7.25 vs 8 version? Can one be used for both (like as with DiveRite manifold)? If not, is the only difference is the center cross bar? Can I just swap the cross bar?

the crossbars are the same, modern 7.25 and 8 inch tanks bands and manifolds use the same 8.5" center to center measurement so the gap between 7.25" tanks is much wider. Makes it easier instead of having to deal with two different crossbars like back in the day. I have a set of 72's with old bands and an old manifold that have the same tank spacing as the current 8" tanks so the whole setup is really really narrow and you'll have to pry them from my cold dead hands.

The bands for cylinders set the spacing. Modern bands set the spacing for a manifold at 215 mm (8.5").

However, there are other spacings such as 190 mm (7.5") that are used for 5.5" cylinders (LP45/LP50). The cross-over may or may not be isolating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom