Scuba Pro Steel 95 ( tank infomation)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

douhunt714

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently aquired a steel 95 Scubapro tank. I have a question about the buoyancy characteristics of this tank, anyone know the specs?

DOT-3AA2400
A454272 (C with a diamond)

Hydro info:
3A93+
10 98
7 (d282)07
9 (d282)13

Douhunt-

IF..its a Faber..specs are as follows...

LP-95
2400 psi +10%
95 cuft capacity
8" diam
Triple galvanized (probably)
length without valve is 23.8"
Empty weight is 37.2 lbs
Buoyancy is -1.2 and -8.325

Bubs

Too bad there's no plus after the most recent hydro test. In a perfect world, you should be able to bring it back to the hydro shop that did the last hydro test (identified by the "d282") and ask them to look up and see what the total elastic expansion was. They're supposed to keep records of it, I think. Anyhow, there's likely a REE number stamped right on the tank, if the total expansion during the test did not exceed that number, they should stamp the tank with a plus and you can then get it filled to 2640, or 95cft.

In this imperfect world where many hydro shops, at least around here, seem to be surprisingly ignorant about scuba cylinders, you'll bring it back to the shop and they either won't have any records or they won't know what you're talking about or they'll tell you it's illegal for them to do the test, or it takes some special equipment, or they won't do it because they're far too concerned with your safety to ever do something as reckless as let you overfill an old tank. I've heard it all.

Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom