older steel 72 rated at 2250 psi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
any idea what one of these in decent shape would be worth (without the valve) ??

i'm thinkin like 50 bucks each maybe ?? thats assuming i can find a couple of them with a current hydro and maybe have to pay for a v.i.p. what do you think ?? in the ball park ??

These sell in-vip and in-hydro for about $50-$75 with a valve.

give or take, that's about right. If it were a Pst I would pay up to $100/bottle in hydro/vip with a din valve, $75 if it has a yoke valve. Non Pst takes about $50-$75 ish max. Be careful, some of these are lined tanks, some are not, if it's lined they basically have to be sand blasted out which is a major pita.

I threw out two of them in hydro/VIP but without valves rather than bother to scrap or find a buyer. If they have valves, the valves are probably worth more than the tank.

I threw out two of them in hydro/VIP but without valves rather than bother to scrap or find a buyer.

Well wooptie-congratulations. You're a disgrace to the diving community.

Bah Lecter, they're actually really good tanks.... Great in place of AL80's for singles, perfect O2 bottles for cave diving, awesome CCR bailout bottles, even as stages or deco for cold water ocean diving instead of AL80's for the extra weight.

Well wooptie-congratulations. You're a disgrace to the diving community.

Yawn. They're tanks, not holy relics: when you have a limited amount of stuff you can move and an even more limited amount of time to find homes for what you can't, pragmatic economics takes over. They're decent tanks, but hardly worth the trouble to sell. And I made whatever collection of crappy LP72s you own a tiny bit rarer/more valuable - you're welcome :D

I use 72s instead of 80s for bailout. I need the extra weight of steel, and they don't get butt-light. I usually pay $25-50 at the scuba flea market depending on hydro status.

I threw out two of them in hydro/VIP but without valves rather than bother to scrap or find a buyer. If they have valves, the valves are probably worth more than the tank.

Next time let me know, I will help you carry them to the curb, I will even take them away for you so that you are not ticketed for failure to recycle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom