Sleepy while Deco!!have you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aboalreem

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have you ever felt sleepy while you were doing your hours of Dec stop?

I have never had hours of deco time but I definitely get extremely relaxed doing deco in warmer temps. Even 30 min of deco feels like a long time in open ocean...zzzzz. Very peaceful and relaxing bit of Zen.

--Matt

Spat my reg out once I was so relaxed. I decided I better stay more alert after that.

The most deco I've ever had has been a little over 2 hours. A nap on my 50/50 bottle has happened. If I have a long deco I usually will leave a National Geographic in a freezer bag on my O2 bottle. The paper on the magazine is pretty thick and will stand up to immersion for a short duration.

I've had a couple dives with an hour of deco. When I got to my 20 foot stop I folded my arms and layed my head down on my Jon line. I never fell asleep, but I did rest.

I fell asleep on the bottom of the pool during my OW class...does that count?

Yes, we were using a pipe hung under the boat for stops and we had belts so that you could "sit" on the pipe. I went right out and woke to a support diver shaking my shoulder. You can guess what hand signal I gave him<G>. Regulator stayed in fine, but I was using one of the bite mold mouthpieces.

For a few minutes, on a 6 meter Oxygen stop, clipped-off to a combination downline/Deco station apparatus, in a roaring South China Sea current. Woke up when my head smacked into one of the trapeze/cross-bars. . .:11:

That must have been a shock, talk about a rude awakening!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom