Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleepy while Deco!!have you?

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos

Sleepy while Deco!!have you?

Have you ever felt sleepy while you were doing your hours of Dec stop?

ScubaBoard Enthusiast

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499

Of course

I have never had hours of deco time but I definitely get extremely relaxed doing deco in warmer temps. Even 30 min of deco feels like a long time in open ocean...zzzzz. Very peaceful and relaxing bit of Zen.

--Matt

CCR Instructor

lacks status.

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    Spat my reg out once I was so relaxed. I decided I better stay more alert after that.
    Cheers,
    Dave...

www.wedivebc.com
    "How do you know if there are any hornets in the nest unless you whack it once in a while"

Tech Diver

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc
    Spat my reg out once I was so relaxed. I decided I better stay more alert after that.
    Lol...so have I.

Registered

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    The most deco I've ever had has been a little over 2 hours. A nap on my 50/50 bottle has happened. If I have a long deco I usually will leave a National Geographic in a freezer bag on my O2 bottle. The paper on the magazine is pretty thick and will stand up to immersion for a short duration.
    Last edited by karstdvr; June 14th, 2006 at 09:37 PM.

Photographer

The ocean is a lousy teacher.
    First you get a test, then a
    lesson.

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    I've had a couple dives with an hour of deco. When I got to my 20 foot stop I folded my arms and layed my head down on my Jon line. I never fell asleep, but I did rest.
    Screw you guys. I'm going diving---Jacques Cartman

Diving the Palos Verdes Peninsula

My Youtube videos

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    I fell asleep on the bottom of the pool during my OW class...does that count?
    Reversing evolution by crawling back into the sea.

Diving Polymath

waiting for the next dive.

On a large pile of smokin' A'a, the most isolated population center on the face of the earth. 2,175 miles to Alaska, 2,390 miles to California; 3,850 miles to Japan; 4,900 miles to China; 5,280 miles to the Philippines.
    Dives
    5,000 - ∞
    Photos
    Yes, we were using a pipe hung under the boat for stops and we had belts so that you could "sit" on the pipe. I went right out and woke to a support diver shaking my shoulder. You can guess what hand signal I gave him<G>. Regulator stayed in fine, but I was using one of the bite mold mouthpieces.
    I refuse to believe that corporations are people until Texas executes one.

"Too often ... people enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought" - Leapfrog
    "They are the McDonalds of diver certification. Quick, inexpensive and tasty. Pardon me for saying so, but I also believe it to be a health hazard." - DCBC
    "It truly does boil down to motivation ... if you believe something is hard, or unnecessary to learn, you won't learn it ... even if it's completely within your capability" - Bob (Grateful Diver)

Registered

SoCal Diving & Living the
    best!

South Santa Monica Bay/Los Angeles California, USA, Planet Earth, a blue world 71% water & third planet from a G2 yellow dwarf star, in the Milky Way Galaxy two thirds of the way out from the center on the inner edge of the Orion–Cygnus arm.
    Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    Blog Entries
    For a few minutes, on a 6 meter Oxygen stop, clipped-off to a combination downline/Deco station apparatus, in a roaring South China Sea current. Woke up when my head smacked into one of the trapeze/cross-bars. . .:11:
    "One way of looking at this might be that for 42 years, I've been making small, regular deposits in this bank of experience, education and training. And on January 15 [2009] the balance was sufficient so that I could make a very large withdrawal." Capt. Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger III, US Airways Flight 1549 ("Miracle on the Hudson").

"Chance favors the prepared mind" --Louis Pasteur

Diving Polymath

waiting for the next dive.

On a large pile of smokin' A'a, the most isolated population center on the face of the earth. 2,175 miles to Alaska, 2,390 miles to California; 3,850 miles to Japan; 4,900 miles to China; 5,280 miles to the Philippines.
    Dives
    5,000 - ∞
    Photos
    That must have been a shock, talk about a rude awakening!
    I refuse to believe that corporations are people until Texas executes one.

"Too often ... people enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought" - Leapfrog
    "They are the McDonalds of diver certification. Quick, inexpensive and tasty. Pardon me for saying so, but I also believe it to be a health hazard." - DCBC
    "It truly does boil down to motivation ... if you believe something is hard, or unnecessary to learn, you won't learn it ... even if it's completely within your capability" - Bob (Grateful Diver)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast