Where to take CPR course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebrasil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I would like to take CPR course so I can take the rescue diver certification.
Do you have anywhere to suggest taking the course in the OC, more specifically huntington beach area and surroundings, or anaheim area and surroundings?

Free course preferably.

Thanks a lot,

besides your LDS that should teach it in prep for the Rescue class, call your local Red Cross and YMCA. Many of them teach the class. Your employer might have someone who teaches it also.

I took my update from my Rescue instructor, also covered the basic first aid required. All my previous certs for cpr/aed/fa were over 2 years old. I looked all over my area for a red cross class and couldn't locate one.

Contact your local fire station or EMS station. They will probally have a class taught by an instructor who has actually done it. I have been a Firefighter/Paramedic for almost 18 years, and it amazes me how many CPR instructors there out there, who have never actually done it and some of the stuff they tell thier srudents. Would you want a SCUBA instructor who's never dove?

My employer had a CPR class a few months ago, but we never received any type of certification. Am I CPR certified?

I've always preferred the American Heart Association courses.

As others have mentioned, a fire or EMT station. These folks use the skills they teach just about every day -- you won't get better training anywhere else...

Roak

I took the CPR/First Aid classes from the Red Cross and got the certificate cards... But, it has to be renewed annually or biannually depending on the certification.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom