2014 what's your favorite deco software? desktop or mobile? deco model?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nasser

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
So what are you using nowadays? I've tried a few - desktop and mobile, and so far my favorite is Baltic Deco planner on my iPhone running Buhlmann tables and GF. I find it very practical, particularly at dive site. Multi-Deco desktop is nice and quite versatile but feels a little clunky at times and needs a little more refinement on the user interface (for Mac).

What do you guys like and use the most? on what device (desktop, mobile or both) ? what deco model?

I use MVPlanner and PastoDeco, cross-checking against my Petrel dive planner. The two programs are free desktop software and PastoDeco comes in a mobile version too, though I don't have it since I don't own a smart phone.

I like the no-frills, straight-forward usability of MVPlanner. It uses Buhlmann and GFs.

VPlanner on my iphone and IPAD. Plan the dive, print the plan and tape it to my slate. Works great for big dives.

I love that i can do both open circuit and closed circuit dive planning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

VPlanner on both my Macbook and iPad/iPhone. It's what I learned on, so that's home.

I've toyed with others like Baltic and while it's good, I'm just more used to the VPlanner interface.

I use V-Planner & Baltic VPM-B on iPad and iPhone. I use the Petrel onboard Planner (also VPM-B) to verify my run.

I don't have a printer, so my slate is "primitive"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 535
MultiDeco on iPhone, desktop, and Liquivision X1.

V-Planner Mac and Linux version. Will try pastadeco also soon.

I'm a fan of deco planner, but I wish it there was a Mac version. I find it easy to use and it's not cluttered with things like runtime otu and cns (I'm generally unconcerned with those things).

I print out tables for a range of times at a certain depth. Say 200ft 30-70mins. And make different ones for 10ft increments. Handy.

Started with Pro Planner in late 90's but moved over to Deco Planner few yrs later.

I use vplanner both at home and on my netbook. Net book goes with me in a dry bag on the boat for any venue changes or complications that may arise.
Eric

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom