Gluing My Drysuit Zipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Guerrero

Contributor
Reaction score
So,

Was diving this weekend (hit 170' for the first time, wohoo!) and the rubber stop on the end of my drysuit zipper (as it's being opened) came off. It's and old drysuit and an old zipper. I still dove it, and the zipper is fine, just doesn't have the rubber end on the one side.

I was thinking I might use hot glue to create a new stop, but I don't know if it will hold. Anyone have any other suggestions for a rubberized stop at the end of the zipper? Maybe some of that spray rubber stuff you can buy at Home Depot?

And yes, I know I can replace the zipper :).

Thanks,

Mike

---------- Post added July 28th, 2014 at 06:24 PM ----------

Well, I glued it. It seems to be pretty well stuck on and the zipper stops. We'll see if it holds up after a few dives. If anyone has a suggestion that might be more permanent (other than getting a new zipper installed :)), feel free to clue me in.

you should tear up the old zipper and glue a new one.
So,

Was diving this weekend (hit 170' for the first time, wohoo!) and the rubber stop on the end of my drysuit zipper (as it's being opened) came off. It's and old drysuit and an old zipper. I still dove it, and the zipper is fine, just doesn't have the rubber end on the one side.

I was thinking I might use hot glue to create a new stop, but I don't know if it will hold. Anyone have any other suggestions for a rubberized stop at the end of the zipper? Maybe some of that spray rubber stuff you can buy at Home Depot?

And yes, I know I can replace the zipper :).

Thanks,

Mike

you should tear up the old zipper and glue a new one.

you should tear up the old zipper and glue a new one

---------- Post added July 28th, 2014 at 06:24 PM ----------

Well, I glued it. It seems to be pretty well stuck on and the zipper stops. We'll see if it holds up after a few dives. If anyone has a suggestion that might be more permanent (other than getting a new zipper installed :)), feel free to clue me in.

This thread should be in the DIY section as that is where replacing the current zipper with a Ti-Zip belongs :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom