Apeks Travel Plate Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highspeed

Registered
Reaction score
So I recently bought this Apeks travel "plate" (piece of plastic with fabric over it) and on it's site it said it could work with a 1 piece hogarthian style harness. Problem is I have no clue how to attach the thing. I tried threading it through the attached d rings on the top but if you try to pull it tight the plate ends up just bending. Any help or guidance?

Well yeah, it's a soft plate. It's going to bend. The cam bands fastened to the tank with straighten the middle but it's still going to wrap around you. I would guess that's what it's supposed to do. How much experience do you have with a BPW to start with?

Here are some pictures of what is happening. The backplate is bending in the direction towards where the tank would go, and it bends so much to where it is basically impossible to get the grommet lined up or the webbing lying flat. There seemed to be a lot of stress on the plate when it was bending like that. And the ring at the bottom that is used to attach the bottom end of the shoulder strap and go into the waist strap is a little awkward, since it just goes through once and doesn't secure to anything. My experience with BP/W is negligible. I'm just now looking in to get in to tech. This is kind of a recreational diving transition for me.

---------- Post added October 31st, 2014 at 05:41 PM ----------

travel plate - ScubaBoard Gallery ok here is the link for an album containing the photos that I created

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom