attaching light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weekender

Contributor
Reaction score
i did a quick search and didnt find my answer so here is the question. what is another way to attach a canister light to a backplate without using quick links? someone described to me a way using bungie and webbing? unfortunatley i was half asleep and didnt listen. ive read the dir way to do it and choose not to rig it on my belt. so please keep your answers to my question and dont offer advice to the contrary. im not anti dir but not in the mood to discuss it either. so if anyone has an answer with how to attach my light to my backplate without quick links id love to hear it. thanks

Using bungee and webbing sounds like an argon setup. You would mount the can upside down, with a piece of 2" webbing around the can body and attached via a bolt through a hole at the edge of the bp. The bottom of the can (lid end) would be held in place with a bungee tied to a lower hole in the bp. This would provide tension against the can to hold it in, and up so it won't slide out of the webbing.

I would not be able to reach the switch mounted this way.

MD

weekender:
i did a quick search and didnt find my answer so here is the question. what is another way to attach a canister light to a backplate without using quick links? someone described to me a way using bungie and webbing? unfortunatley i was half asleep and didnt listen.
I put a link below to a method another member showed me one time.

weekender:
ive read the dir way to do it and choose not to rig it on my belt. so please keep your answers to my question and dont offer advice to the contrary. im not anti dir but not in the mood to discuss it either.
No need to get in a snit. If there have been some of us DIR guys jumping down your throat, I'll stand up and say sorry for that. But my experience has been its more the non-DIR crowd looking to pick a fight than the DIR crowd getting abusive in defending a system that really needs no defense. Just my $02. We don't bite.

I use the Halcyon ACB - and this is the method I've used to successfully keep my can on the rig.

K

Mo2vation:
I put a link below to a method another member showed me one time.

No need to get in a snit. If there have been some of us DIR guys jumping down your throat, I'll stand up and say sorry for that. But my experience has been its more the non-DIR crowd looking to pick a fight than the DIR crowd getting abusive in defending a system that really needs no defense. Just my $02. We don't bite.

I use the Halcyon ACB - and this is the method I've used to successfully keep my can on the rig.

K

no one has ever been unprofessional to me. im just lazy and dont want to read about my options. my post might of sounded snotty but wasnt really my intent. im just not that friendly and didnt want a discussion, just an answer to my question. by the way thanks for the answers ill consider them.

weekender:
no one has ever been unprofessional to me. im just lazy and dont want to read about my options. my post might of sounded snotty but wasnt really my intent. im just not that friendly and didnt want a discussion, just an answer to my question. by the way thanks for the answers ill consider them.

Lazy? Probably better: focused. I hear ya. Log in, ask a question, get an answer... Sometimes there is no energy or desire for dialog.

I'll shut up now.

:D

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom