Nitrox Tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GeronimoDF

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I will be diving EAN 28 in two weeks, and I do not know where to get a table for EAN 28. I know my MOD, my Po2, all that.... Just don't know where to get the table for different Nitrox Mixes. I have the tables for EAN 32/36.... but thats all.

Thanks,

Daniel

GeronimoDF:
Hey Guys,
I will be diving EAN 28 in two weeks, and I do not know where to get a table for EAN 28. I know my MOD, my Po2, all that.... Just don't know where to get the table for different Nitrox Mixes. I have the tables for EAN 32/36.... but thats all.
Just calculate your EAD and use a standard table.

Or instead of calculating the EAD (equivalent Air depth) you can calculate the equivalent Nitrox depth for the air depths of your table.

For example, using EAN28, the ndl at 134' is the same as your air table 120' limit, 100' on air = 112' on EAN28, etc.

This avoids the problem where first you calculate ead, then have to round up to the next table depth increment.

Charlie

GeronimoDF:
Hey Guys,
I will be diving EAN 28 in two weeks, and I do not know where to get a table for EAN 28. I know my MOD, my Po2, all that.... Just don't know where to get the table for different Nitrox Mixes.
Use a Nitrox computer, buy or rent one for this dive.
If you are diving EAN 28 instead of 32 or 36 I assume you are doing a deeper dive and then the effect (bottom time) of Nitrox is less and the added bottom time from the computer due to a multilevel diving profile probably is what you are after anyway.

--A

GeronimoDF:
Just don't know where to get the table for different Nitrox Mixes.
Daniel
You can get the IANTD Basic Nitrox textbook that
includes Nitrox tables for 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36 and 40%
( both no-deco and deco tables ).
Tables are Bulhman-based which are more conservative
than the US Navy....and at depth beyond 130 fsw, you
want to be conservative.
Most other books only dwell on the old NOAA 32 and 36%
tables which are mainly EAD based. Get real Nitrox tables!
You'll be better off.

Uncle Pug:
If you think about it an EAD rule of thumb suggests itself.

fldivenut:
Use a Nitrox computer, buy or rent one for this dive.
Think about it...
Use a computer...

Decisions, decisions.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom