Questions about lights??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maresreg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i would like to know which light is a better buy as far as quality and strength and the burn time and such? have any of you bought the halcyon helios 4.5 10w and the helios 9 18w? have you had any problems with it? if you've had problems what kind of problems?how often have you had any problems? have you had problems with getting it repaired?it looks like a good light.also what do you think about the dive rite slim line 10 watt h-10 and mr11? same questions? also what about the greenpeace Hid Light? any input would be helpful in making my choice to buy a better light than i have now.

I dive with a 10 W OMS HID. Its 450Lm, and it has a very nice beam. I have been very impressed with it. Unfortunately I can't tell you much about the life of it because I just bought it a month ago. I would highly recomend it though. It has a good size and you attach it via quick links to the backplate...which is the way I prefer to attach my light.

I have had the Dive Rite Wreck Light for 3 years or so and have had no problems with it. I would definitely recommend that light, the Dive-Rite slim light, or the Terkel as well.

I'd contact Northwest Sports Divers in Kenmore (I see you're in Lynnwood). They carry Dive-Rite and Terkel lights. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff.

Brian

whats a terkel?? never heard of that one. i know of a person named terkel does he make them?does he have a website?
wingnut:
I have had the Dive Rite Wreck Light for 3 years or so and have had no problems with it. I would definitely recommend that light, the Dive-Rite slim light, or the Terkel as well.

I'd contact Northwest Sports Divers in Kenmore (I see you're in Lynnwood). They carry Dive-Rite and Terkel lights. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff.

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom