Dive software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like I need some dive planning software. Can someone tell me the main differance between V- planner and Deco planner. and If someone has both of these plans, could you post some PROs and CONS.

No flames. No trolls, please

I believe the main difference is in the algorithm. V-planner uses VPM while Decoplanner uses Buhlmann.

As cornfed said, Decoplanner is fairly well outdated. VPlanner uses VPM-B and GAP uses one of the versions of RGBM. All of the folks I dive with use VPlanner.

MD

MechDiver:
As cornfed said, Decoplanner is fairly well outdated. VPlanner uses VPM-B and GAP uses one of the versions of RGBM. All of the folks I dive with use VPlanner.

MD

How do they compare " safety vs ease of use ". I ask this because the last time I was on the VPM web site their disclaimer recomended checking their plan against other plans ???

novadiver:
How do they compare " safety vs ease of use ". I ask this because the last time I was on the VPM web site their disclaimer recomended checking their plan against other plans ???

VPlanner is quite easy to use, but you have to know what you want the program to do for you, as is the case with any program for planned deco. Liability is a large issue in deco planning. One program says "do not use this software for actual diving". You can make what you want from that statement.

A lot of divers find GAP hard to use. GAP is all about templates and setup, which can be tiresome. It is also not conducive to what-it scenarios. And, nobody I know is really that thrilled with RGBM and its many variations. I put much more faith in Ross.

MD

MechDiver:
VPlanner is quite easy to use, but you have to know what you want the program to do for you, as is the case with any program for planned deco. Liability is a large issue in deco planning. One program says "do not use this software for actual diving". You can make what you want from that statement.

A lot of divers find GAP hard to use. GAP is all about templates and setup, which can be tiresome. It is also not conducive to what-it scenarios. And, nobody I know is really that thrilled with RGBM and its many variations. I put much more faith in Ross.

MD
Does anyone have a link to a web site so I can buy this software online?Thanks

novadiver:
Thanks Cornfed. We haven't seen you around lately. Are you home from vacation or out on bail?
Yes. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom