Best Weight Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Morg_NZ:
What is the best weigt harness to get for "tech" diving???:eyebrow:

Morg,

I use the DUI harness for four reasons:

(1) It is very comfortable to have the weight up off of my lower back and hips. (In fact, it is great!)

(2) I like the capability of changing out weight easily, since I shift back and forth between OC and CCR. Both hard (boat) and soft (personal) weights drop right in.

(3) One half of the weight can be ditched very easily.

(4) The weights come off with handles attached, and are easy to hand up to the deck-hand if necessary.

Hope that helps!

Cheers! :crafty:

jonnythan:

Identical post in another forum as "best weight". Posted here as "tech" :eyebrow:

Note the eyebrow smiley and the fact that's its generally a stupid question for a technical diver to ask as they should already know the answer.

Damn, Mech,

Are you having a bad day? Most of your replies are unusually cranky today?

When I get that way it is usually lack of caffeine or lack of...well...!

BigJetDriver69:
Damn, Mech,

Are you having a bad day? Most of your replies are unusually cranky today?

Thanks for the concern, but no, I'm fine. Just calling the post like I saw it.

MD

Seeing as how the poster of the original question in in the UK, I'd suggest a Northern Diver Weight & Trim.
Its features not only match DUI's (for less money) but they also include a pair of thigh pockets the owner can ebay for $35 ea, thus getting the weight harness for mere pennies. :)

Errrrr no....just a person asking a much unspoken question!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom