Rocket fins from Aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m&m

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if any of you use Rocket fins and if so how do you like them? Scince I can get the Rocket fins at a great price I wanted to know if they measure up to the Scubapro Jets...
thank you
m&m

Rockets, Jets, or IDI Power fins are virtually identical.

I've got a set of IDI Power fins, and you can't tell the difference between them and the Jets next to them.

The *ONLY* difference I was able to find is that I couldn't get the USD or IDI fins in XL. Otherwise, they look/behave exactly the same. (Even the hardware for holding the straps is the same).

Nate

thanx for the info Nate,
I will see if I can get a pair of Rockets XL size..

I've used Rockets and Jets. They look somewhat alike, but Rockets aren't comparable to Jets. I'll never use Rockets again. Jets are the way to go.

Originally posted by newton
Rockets, Jets, or IDI Power fins are virtually identical.

I've got a set of IDI Power fins, and you can't tell the difference between them and the Jets next to them.

The *ONLY* difference I was able to find is that I couldn't get the USD or IDI fins in XL. Otherwise, they look/behave exactly the same. (Even the hardware for holding the straps is the same).

Nate

Uhhh... don't know what IDI fins you had but the ones I had are a FAR cry from the Jet Fins. The Jets are more flexible and work 100% better. I haven't tried the "Rocket" fins but you can get brand new Jet Fins for less than $90 for the XL's. Why go with the crappy imatations? Get the REAL THING the first time. You'll wish you did. I know, been there and done that. I now have the true XL Jet fins and they are the best!

Hi,
I have a pair of Rockets and think they are great, but I have not honestly tried the Jet fins yet.....when mine get beat, I'd buy a pair of Jets, since Scubapro changed the rubber composition of them years ago, where as the Rockets are still 100% hard rubber....hence, a tad heavier, and subject to dry rot more, I think...

Originally posted by WYDT
Uhhh... don't know what IDI fins you had but the ones I had are a FAR cry from the Jet Fins. The Jets are more flexible and work 100% better.

That may be because your Jets are newer than your IDI's. Again, mine are virtually identical, except for the logo on top of the fins.

I don't have any direct experience with Rockets, but even the DIR folks state they are the same, and when I compared them, they were exactly the same.

I haven't tried the "Rocket" fins but you can get brand new Jet Fins for less than $90 for the XL's. Why go with the crappy imatations?

Cause I can get imitations for less than $30. I also wouldn't spend $90 on a pair of fins. I spent $72 for my Turtles, which are also just like my IDI's (except they are quite a bit larger).

I guess we can agree to disagree. (Geeze, no-one agrees with my posting anymore. :-( )

Nate

"That may be because your Jets are newer than your IDI's"

Nope. I've never used IDI's, but my Jets are older than any IDI imitation. They don't look new, but they perform as if new.

"I don't have any direct experience with Rockets, but even the DIR folks state they are the same, and when I compared them, they were exactly the same."

Appearance is not how I judge fins. Unless you've compared them by diving them you haven't compared them.

Originally posted by Walter
"That may be because your Jets are newer than your IDI's"

Nope. I've never used IDI's, but my Jets are older than any IDI imitation. They don't look new, but they perform as if new.

My IDI's are like that. They are a bit weather checked. (I got them from my grandfather, who used them on his float tube years and years ago.)

Appearance is not how I judge fins. Unless you've compared them by diving them you haven't compared them.

I *have* compared the IDI's and the Jets, and they were virtually identical. I couldn't tell the difference.

Based on that experience, as well as the experience from others on the net who have tried the rockets and jets side-by-side, I stand by my statement that they're all virtually the same.

Nate

I stand corrected. I checked..there is a length difference...which may account for some of the flexiblity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom