NEED HELP!! Zeagle Ranger or Dive Rite Aluminium Backplate with harness??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kckskh

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi...i'm getting into tek diving, any1 can give me some advice on some bcd matters as mentioned in the topic?

The problem is i just bought a Zeagle ranger(new, unused) and i am seriously wondering if it is a suitable bc for tek diving in the future, also heard some bad reports about its twin tank function. On the other hand, was considering whether Dive rite aluminuim back plate with transpac harness will be more suitable for me. I'm in a dilemma whether to sell away my Zeagle ranger and purchase the back plate with harness noZ.

If you are really going into tek diving. I would get a back plate and wing. But if you don't want to sell your Ranger then you can get a Zeagle back plate. The way the Ranger is designed it puts alot of stress on the harness attachment. It just was not designed to handle the weight IMO. I now own a Ranger w/64lb bladder and loads of extra D rings. I special ordered it for tek diving and using doubles but after seeing the wear others were putting on theirs, I bought a b/p and wing setup. Now I have plenty of lift for rec diving. I wish I would have asked more about the back plate set up before I puchased it. But it is an excellant BC just not what I needed for tek diving. Hope this helps.
Dive Safe, Dive Often
Butch :scubadive

kckskh:
Hi...i'm getting into tek diving, any1 can give me some advice on some bcd matters as mentioned in the topic?

The problem is i just bought a Zeagle ranger(new, unused) and i am seriously wondering if it is a suitable bc for tek diving in the future, also heard some bad reports about its twin tank function. On the other hand, was considering whether Dive rite aluminuim back plate with transpac harness will be more suitable for me. I'm in a dilemma whether to sell away my Zeagle ranger and purchase the back plate with harness noZ.
I know a guy who has the Zeagle backplate. The Zeagle backplate will hold their proprietary (for lack of a better word) BCD-type Zeagle bladder/wings -- like the one on your Ranger -- plus "normal" wings. Link to pictures of Zeagle bladders/wings: The Bertha and All-Elastic are the Zeagle BCD type like you already have, the Manta wing is like most BP/W wings for doubles (with the two small grommets for the bolts).

The TransPlate straps use the standard backplate slots and will fit on any backplate, Zeagle/DiveRite/DSS/etc.

If you wanted you could buy buy an aluminum Zeagle backplate for about $60 and add a TransPlate harness for another $100 (instead of a standard harness, Zeagle or otherwise) and use the wing from your Ranger. You'd just have to decide whether 44 lbs of lift is sufficient.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom