South Padre Island Clipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubergoober

Reaction score
:14: Hello all,
I'm interested in heading down to South Padre Island during Halloween weekend for the South Padre International Music Festival and because the weather is so perfect during that time. South Padre just sunk the Clipper last year and I'm curious if anyone has heard anything about it. Has anyone gone or know of anyone who has? What is it like?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• shell.jpg
    shell.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 62
  • clipper_reefed.jpg
    clipper_reefed.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 80
American diving is a good outfit. Tried to dive the Clipper over the X-mas holidays with them, but the weather didn't cooperate.

Have Fun!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Texas Swamp Divers...

I'm supposed to dive the Clipper this Saturday for the first time. The seas are marginal, but if the trip makes I'll report back.

I was on the first public charter back in November, 2 days after the sinking. Viz was about 15 to 20 feet because the water was still stirred up. It's on it's side, actually about 10 degrees hull up. It's a good dive but takes a little extra attention to get oriented and penetration would be more difficult.

I'm supposed to be on it next weekend, weather permitting. I'm going out on a six pack with Deep Six.

I am looking to go out there around the end of June. I really haven't heard much about it except from American Diving website. I am interested in what everyone has to say about it.

Mid May for a few of us from north Texas!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom