New Pics of Windy Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlazerDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was at Windy Point today and shot a few pics. I carried my camera u/w throughout the dive just to take a few snaps above water.

I thought swampers would want to see them!

They're posted on;
Picasa Web Albums - Mark - Windy Point -...

They're medium res, vga. Maybe I'll get a few more shots in a higher res next time.

Anyone want to go fishing off a platform?

Man... :|

I was about to ask if you tried to get any shots under water, then realized what a silly question that is. :D

Dang, who pulled the stopper????!!!!!

for those who don't live around here.....it is bad....last time I heard only one boat ramp left opened at Travis...we have not had any measurable rain in what seems like forever :shakehead:

thanks for the pics...I haven't been out there this year

Photos of Riviera Marina. All wet slips have been moved out to the arm of Cypress Creek, nearly 1/2 mile away from their place next to the shore. There are over 70 steps to the waterline, after the temporary wood steps were added. Last year when Lake Travis Scuba started the slips were three steps below the top.

Also shown is divers inside a grottoe at Starnes Island, photo taken July 18, 2009.

Attachments

• Boat launch tram and where docks should be 2.jpg
    Boat launch tram and where docks should be 2.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 138
  • Slips sitting in Cypress Creek 2.JPG
    Slips sitting in Cypress Creek 2.JPG
    324 KB · Views: 107
  • Starnes Island Grotto.jpg
    Starnes Island Grotto.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 132
Thanks everyone....now is a good time to get pics of the dive areas usually underwater. More later if the lake goes even lower...any pictures of the dam area? If you're over that way Robert...snap a few....same with the platforms/attractions out of the water at WP....

I've heard that one of the reasons Lake Travis has good vis is because of these water level drops...wind picks up the silt and blows it away....

I don't know how accurate it is that the vis gets better as the lake drops. The divers give mixed reports about vis, so I believe it is all your perspective and experience diving the lake.

I'll take more pictures this weekend during the charters. Space is available on the Saturday afternoon charter with the Kunks, so come out to assess the vis and get in some bubble blowing time.

wish i could but since i am still recovering from a motorcycle accident in june i am still trying to heal up from a compression fracture on my right elbow and a damaged pcl in the left knee

Here are a few pics from Windy Point, Starnes Island and Oasis Wall. Notice how large the grottoe is around thevalkyry?

Water level should be at the top of the rock on Starnes Island and Oasis Wall where the green begins.

Who is that masked superhero with the cape and her sidekick climbing down the side of Giant Stride? Is that downunderjen and thevalkyry?

And what about that attractive couple, celebrating their anniversary with a dive? Happy Anniversary Kunk35 & Yellowkunkfish!!!

As a side note, Richard, Windy Point Private, is adding steps as quickly as he can and there is access to the water without a 10' giant stride from the platform.

Attachments

• Windy Point 7-25-09 4.jpg
    Windy Point 7-25-09 4.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Windy Point 7-25-09 5.jpg
    Windy Point 7-25-09 5.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Windy Point 7-25-09 2.jpg
    Windy Point 7-25-09 2.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00866.jpg
    DSC00866.jpg