Doing my OW check-outs this weekend at Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-mitch-

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone gonna be there? I thought my anxiety would be killing me, but right now I'm alot more excited about my first dive! I get to do 5 dives over the course of Friday and Saturday WOOT!

Wish me luck!!

Good luck and enjoy the dives!

Give us a report soon, Mitch! I hope you felt very comfortable with your checkout dives. I had to take two classes to get there. However, I was realizing today, on my way home from the pumpkin carving dive at TSP, that I am becoming very comfortable with diving in our lakes. Because there was a blackout/then brownout throughout the whole pumpkin carving process, I think it would have freaked me out a bunch when I first began. (TSP is not famous for its crystal clear vis...) Come join us soon at CSSP for some nice, relaxing times. Congratulations and dive often!

Foo

I remember my check out dives at Windy Point.. I specifically remember going down the line to the platform and thinking "wow, this is deeper than the pool, and who invited the fish". You'll have a blast.

Anyway, several of us are going to be at Mansfield Dam (http://www.co.travis.tx.us/tnr/parks/mansfield_dam.asp). We'll be there through sometime Sunday if you want to drop by after you finish your dives (see the Mansfield Dam thread).

Have fun!

Congrats...I hope your having fun down there. It is a great place to dive. I did my check out dives @ at a scuba park that used to be right around the corner from Windy Point.....in '92. I really like Windy Point.

Not trying to hijack the thread...but..
Foo.. Do the fish like all the pumpkin stuff? And you're right..the last time I was TSP, the vis was really bad. I couldn't imagine adding pumpkin parts to the mix. :11:

Kenny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom