TSDT FL crew are on their way!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
T.P.H. and I drove down to Freeport to meet and greet the group going out to the Flower Gardens. Some of us met at the On The River restaurant across from the SSII dock to wait for time to start loading. Everyone dumped their gear on the dock next to the ship and we sort of just stood around visiting. There was a nice breeze blowing, just enough to keep those kamakaze skeeters at bay.

I got so wound up talking to folks I almost forgot to take some pictures! I've put those few in a new TSDT photo album As you can see by the smiles on everyones faces, they were really looking forward to this trip. At 9pm, as everyone started boarding the ship, Steve and I headed home...both of us wishing we'd figured out a way to stow away!

Conditions at the Flower Garden Banks are east winds blowing 11 knots with water temp at 84º, wave heights 1.6ft, with a dominant wave period every 3 sec. Conditions are expected to stay like this all weekend so I'm sure they will all have a great time.

I sure hope someone takes some pictures of the Whale Shark and Manta Rays!

Dee,

Thanks for remembering to take some pictures. It's always nice for those of us that don't get to dive with everyone or meet in person, to have faces to put to the names.

can you teach me how to do that stuff? I wanna learn. (what's an f-stop?)

Nik nik nik...swamp...frog...

:jester:

Trip report should be good with the conditions this week. Hope Des took A LOT of pics.

Kinda glad my hiney was on dry land! Especially when I saw 4-5ft waves with 6 sec. intervals. I begged for pics before they left so I'm hoping someone got some.

Waiting for that first report.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom