NDR....Rules for entering Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I got this email this morning and cracked up. It sure would make dealing with 'foreigners' alot easier if they understood the rules!
----------------------
The following list of rules apply to each person as they enter Texas:

1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot. Let's get this
straight.

2. We have one stoplight in town. We stop when it's red. We may even stop when it's yellow.

3. It's called a 'gravel road'. I drive a pickup truck because I need
to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

4. They are pigs, cattle, and oil wells. That's what they smell like to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-10, I-20, I-30 and I-40 go east and west, I-35 goes north and south.
Pick one.

5. So you have a sixty-thousand dollar car. We're real impressed. We have quarter-million dollar cotton strippers that we drive
three weeks a year.

6. So every person in every pickup waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

7. Trucks are made to get dirty. Don't bring your Eddie Bauer Limited Edition to my huntin' camp and expect to leave clean
on Sunday. It won't happen.

8. We all started hunting and fishing when we were nine years old. Yeah, we saw Bambi, too. We got over it.

9. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of doves are coming in, we will shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

10. Go ahead and bring your $800 Orvis Fly Rod. Don't cry to us if a flathead breaks it off at the handle. We have a name for that little 13-inch trout you fish for---bait.

11. Yeah, we eat catfish, carp, and crawdads. You really want sushi and caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.

12. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It's a
religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

13. Any references to "corn fed" when talking about our women will get you jack-slapped, by our women.

14. Our women hunt, fish, and drive trucks - because they want to. Our women are some of the best looking in the country.

15. We open doors for women. That applies to everyone
regardless of age!

16. No, there's no "Vegetarian Special" on the menu. Order steak. Order it rare. Or, you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the two pounds of ham and turkey.

17. When we fill out a table there are three main dishes: meats,
vegetables, and breads. We use three spices- salt, pepper, and
Tabasco Sauce!

18. You bring "Coke" into my house it better be brown, wet, served over ice, and plenty of it!

19. You bring "Hooch" into my house it better have 4 legs, a tail, and have a nose for quail, dove, duck, teal, or pheasant.

20. You bring "Mary Jane" to my house she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

21. Yeah, we have sweet tea. It comes in a glass with two packets of sugar, some lemon, and a long spoon.

22. That's right. Whiskey is only two bucks. We can buy a fifth for
what you paid for that shot in the airport at New York, Boston,
Chicago, or L.A.

23. High School Football is as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks, and a dang site more fun to watch.

24. Yeah, we have golf courses. Don't hit in the water hazards- it
spooks the fish.

25. Colleges? Try Texas A&M. They come outa there with an education and a love for God and country, and they still wave at
passing pickups when they come home for the holidays.

26. We have more Navy, Army, Marines, and Air Force than any other state, so, "Don't Mess With Texas". If you do it will get
your butt kicked by the best!

27. Our Military is only used as a back-up. Per capita, each man,
woman, and child owns at least two firearms and has taken a NRA
Certified Shooter Education Course.

Also, remember what Governor Sam Houston once said, "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't
make it without Texas."

especially when I tried to trade my little Miata in at a car dealership in Midland towards an SUV (I succumbed to big truck envy) - the salesman eyed it suspiciously and made reference to the fact that "sure is a tiny car". :D

I couldn't get a decent trade on it until I moved to Dallas.

the sociological theory of the "Southern subculture of violence?"

Don't shoot! I'm tuning my bow and sightin' in my '06 next month. :D

That's what A&M is presenting now for the whole south (according to studies).
:eek:

We need to conduct some surveys, case studies, secondary analysis, etc., etc. to counter this biased opinion.
:)

Chepar,

I can truly envision a car saleman in Midland looking at a Miata and saying : That shore is a tiny car.

The look of wonder/befuddlement and all.

That is too funny.

TwoBit

Since I am an advide fisherman ........# 10 RULES!!!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom