Canyon Lake diving (NW New Braunfels)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

got2av8

Reaction score
Anyone want to comment on diving out here? I was out on a friend's boat a couple of weekends ago and we saw a dive flag bouy (which we of course gave wide berth to) off to the left of the dam. Anybody dive this lake regularly/ever? Any recommended areas? Now that the boat's in good running order and the dive ladder's arrived, we're thinking of giving it a go either this weekend or next. Any suggestions gratefully accepted...

There are two main areas to shore dive at Canyon Lake, North Park on the North side of the lake near the Dam and Holiday Lodge almost directly across on the South side. Visibility is similar to most Texas lakes at 5-10 ft depending on time of year, lake level and depth. Follow links for site maps courtesy of Duggan Diving

Thanks for the links Jay. I've actually been in to Duggan's for tank fills. It's about 5 blocks from my buddy's house. I'll check with them before we head out to the lake.

wet-willie:
Shaggie, is this the same boat ramp we went of last January?

Willie

I don't know.
I've been thinking of checking out Comal Park sometime soon though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom